Join Secretary David Skorton for an all-staff meeting Monday, Nov. 27 at 2 p.m. in the Hirshhorn’s Ring Auditorium to kick-off the Smithsonian’s new Strategic Plan “Smithsonian 2022: Greater Reach, Greater Relevance, Profound Impact.”
The meeting is an opportunity for staff to hear from Secretary Skorton how the Strategic Plan builds on the strengths and assets of the Institution, and uses them to seek new opportunities and approaches to broaden our reach around the globe.
At the meeting, Secretary Skorton will be joined by Kirk Johnson, the Sant Director of the National Museum of Natural History, to discuss the Plan’s creation; Under Secretary for Finance and Administration Al Horvath to discuss the Plan’s implementation; and representatives of each of the goal teams in a series of lightning interviews:
- Susan Ades, Director, Smithsonian Exhibits | Goal One: Be One Smithsonian
- Taína Caragol, Curator of Latino Art and History, National Portrait Gallery | Goal Two: Catalyze New Conversations and Address Complex Challenges
- Effie Kapsalis, Chief of Content and Communications Strategy, Smithsonian Institution Archives | Goal Three: Reach 1 Billion People a Year With a “Digital First” Strategy
- Teng Chamchumrus, Executive Officer, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Education and Access | Goal Four: Understand and Impact 21st Century Audiences
- Kate Haw, Director, Archives of American Art | Goal Five: Drive Large, Visionary, Interdisciplinary Research and Scholarly Projects
- Derek Ross, Deputy Director, Construction Division, Smithsonian Facilities | Goal Six: Preserve Our Natural and Cultural Heritage While Optimizing Our Assets
- Tracey Fraser, Director of Business Services Innovation, Office of the Under Secretary for Finance and Administration | Goal Seven: Provide a Nimble, Cost-effective, and Responsive Administrative Infrastructure
A Q&A session will follow these conversations. Staff in the auditorium can ask a question by raising their hand. Staff viewing via webcast can send questions in real time to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will read some aloud during the meeting.
The Strategic Plan lays out a bold, new path for the Smithsonian over the next five years, and all Smithsonian staff, volunteers, fellows and interns play a critical role in achieving its success. We encourage everyone to attend the meeting or watch it online. ASL interpretation will be provided for the meeting and the webcast.
Watch the webcast:
Posted: 27 November 2017