As Smithsonian units enter Phase 1 of reopening, we have two important reminders. First, there is a required training to complete. Second, there are new procedures that employees, contractors, and other affiliated persons who are approved to work on-site must follow before returning to the workplace. For your reference, we’ve detailed this information below with links to help you easily find what you need to return to work safely.
COVID-19 Safety Awareness Training
All staff have been assigned training on workplace best practices related to COVID-19 safety. The 30-minute course must be completed before returning to work or volunteer duty on-site.
Federal and Trust employees can access this course as follows:
- If you have an SI network account, click HERE. Enter your regular SI network username and password and click the “Login” button.
- If you do not have an SI network account, click ALTERNATE to access the alternate SI log-in page. Enter username (non-SI email address used in HRMS) and follow the instructions for “Forgot your password,” to initiate a reminder/reset.
If you encounter problems accessing the links to the guidance documents, please try again in a few days. They are currently in the process of being transferred to a new website.
Click on “View Learning Plan” to see what courses are due to be completed and click “Launch.”
Affiliated Staff (contractors, academic appointees, volunteers, and others) without access to Smithsonian’s Skillsoft training environment can access this training through Moodle as follows:
- If you have an SI network account, go to the course link and log into the external Moodle site with your network credentials. If the above link does not work, copy and paste this link into your browser: https://moodlex.si.edu/course/view.php?id=427. When prompted for a course enrollment key, enter: covid19
- If you do not have an SI network account, you must first create an external Moodle account. Use the account registration instructions to create and confirm your account.
After you have confirmed your account, go to the course link and log into the Moodle site with your newly created username and password. If the above course link does not work, copy and paste this link into your browser: https://moodlex.si.edu/course/view.php?id=427. When prompted for a course enrollment key, enter: covid19
If you have questions, please contact SISafetyTraining@si.edu.
Daily Health Screenings
Secretary Bunch has asked everyone coming back to their workplace to thoughtfully answer four health screening questions every day before coming to work. These questions do not pertain just to Smithsonian’s employees. Everyone who works in our facilities, from contractors to visiting researchers, must answer these questions daily. No matter your role or the type of position you have, do not come into the workplace if you answer “yes” to any of the health screening questions.
The full version of the employee questionnaire can be found here. For easy reference, we have also provided this printable card you can carry with you to remind yourself to think about your health and that of your colleagues. The questionnaire provides information on who to notify and next steps if you answer “yes.” Make answering the questionnaire part of your daily routine.
Tailored health screening questionnaires are also available for:
- Academic Appointees
- Visiting Professionals and Others
- Units with non-SI Agencies and Organizations working in their spaces
The safety and health of our staff and communities remain the focus of Smithsonian’s phased reopening plan. By applying what you learned in the training course, following the COVID-19 guidance documents, and monitoring your health, you are helping ensure the health of not just yourself, but also your coworkers and communities.
To learn more about Smithsonian’s COVID-19 response and reopening plans, please visit our website.
The COVID-19 Response Team
Posted: 1 July 2020